Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snowboarding Adventure!

On Sunday I took Jake snowboarding for the first time. Let me tell you it was kind of scary at first. I was really nervous to take him on the lift because I didn't want him to knock me over, and I was nervous that we might start fighting while I was trying to teach him if he didn't understand it. But it went much smoother than I thought it was going too! The first time down the hill was a little rough for the both of us. I stood at the top of the hill trying to explain something that made total sense to me but Jake just look at me and pretended to know what I was talking about...

He got very upset the first few times down and kept on saying that he just wanted to stop and give up. But I wasn't going to let that happen because we paid a bunch of money to be there and we had only gone down the hill two times. Jake did really well on Sunday when we went. We ended up leaving early because it was so busy and we were both getting really cold!

On Tuesday Jake and I went back to Chicopee for the day when only high school kids were there because we were off for exams. We bought a ticket that would allow us to go on all the hills that they had. In the morning Jake and I spent our time on the beginner hills because Jake didn't feel comfortable to try anything bigger(I totally understood)

Jake and I spent most of our time on the back two beginner hills(Rabbit Foot and Bear Foot) the only thing that I really disliked about these hills were they didn't have a lift that you would sit in to get up the hill. It was just a conveyor belt that you stood on while it pulled you up the hill. Personally it killed my legs!

Jake told me to make a pose because just smiling was boring so I tried my best. We started to get a little chilly around 4 o'clock so we decided that we would go in to eat dinner. Once we came out from dinner we did a run down Tender Foot (another beginner hill) and then I thought since one of the easier adult hills looked really empty I would try to see if Jake would go up. Jake said sure and we went down North. I had an accident going down North about a year ago when someone cut me off and I ended up really hurting my leg so I will a little nervous to go down that hill for the first time since then. But I held in my fear and showed everyone my skill(not that I have much) Jake went down slowly after me and didn't fall once the whole way down the hill. The smile on his face when he got to the bottom was ear to ear and I could tell that he really enjoyed it.

When he got to the bottom I was telling Jake about one of the back hills called Front(to me that doesn't make sense that it's called front because it's on the back of the hill but whatever) but the only thing was we would have to go on the Sugarbowl lift(the biggest hill they have and personally it scares the crap out of me) and that lift went really fast so it was up to him. He said sure. Once we got onto the lift I started to freak out because I forgot how high up it actually was. I tried to hold in the fact that I was scared because I didn't want to freak Jake out but that didn't work out to well.

Overall Jake and I had an amazing time snowboarding! I'm sure we will go many more times, and there will be many more posts about it:)

Amanda(:

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you both had fun snowboarding. I am also glad we didn't get any phone calls to pick you up and take you to the hospital.......overall a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! You are so brave. I would totally wimp out on the lift. I'm a chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great time! And I love your goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thi slooks like so much fun! I wanna do it!

    ReplyDelete