Sunday, April 11, 2010

Surprise!!:)

Me and some friends had attended a surprise birthday for a friend that had moved away back in grade nine(i didn't know him but Jake invited me to tag along) The surprise birthday took place a East Side Mario's and it turned out really well.

Jake's birthday was coming up the next weekend on April 5th and I wanted to do something special, something that he wouldn't think I would ever do, something he would remember for a long time. Sure he would love if I took him to some fancy dinner and then maybe went to a movie after but I wanted it to different from every other birthday he might have had. So one night I was sitting in bed and he texted me and said that the surprise dinner thing was really cool but I wouldn't want one for myself.

Well then an idea jumped into my head! I was going to have a surprise dinner for Jake with his family and closest friends at his favourite restaurant. Now Jake loves food and almost all the places we have gone to eat out he always says I love this place so for me to pick his favourite place to eat was going to be hard without help. So I somehow had to get it out of Jake without him assuming anything. So that night I called him and told him I needed to know his top three restaurants because my mom and I were arguing about what they were. His reply was Turtle Jacks(number 1), Mongolian(number 2) and then East Sides (number 3).

After some research it came down to that we had to go to East Sides because I had to big of a group and they wouldn't be able to get us all together. So after I had set a date I went onto facebook and sent out the invites to everyone(let me tell you trying to see if everyone can come is stressful) Once the date got closer i sent out a reminder message to make sure everyone remember.

On Friday Jake drove to my house and I let him know I had to drive because we have never been there before and it was on the other side of Kitchener(and we have been toe east sides a billion times). Jake kept pushing to get going because he was hungry and I was trying to delay everything because people were texting me from the restaurant saying don't come yet. So finally I just decided we would leave but I would just drive around and pretend that we actually were on the way.

I drove all the way down by uptown Waterloo, the rec, rim, the mall, I pretty much drove all over Waterloo. Then Jake started to clue into the fact that we weren't really on our way there. He kept saying your taking me home and making me dinner there aren't you! but I just shut my mouth and kept driving. Finally I got the OK to come and we were on our way! When we pulled into the parking lot he kept saying AMANDA I TOLD YOU WE WERE GOING HERE... and I just smiled! When we got into the restaurant he found out I made a reservation and I never do. The lady took us to the table and when we walked in everyone yelled surprise!

Jake didn't look to impressed at first but I know he liked it. He wasn't to impressed when they came in to sing to him but whatever:) Overall I learned that it's a lot harder to plan something than I thought! But I had fun doing it:)

Happy birthday Jaker:)

Amandaaa:)

5 comments:

  1. Good job! Amanda
    HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha this sounds like when you guys were following me a few weeks ago... lol!

    Great header btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could pull it off. I am sorry we couldn't be part of the celebration. Happy Birthday Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time! Happy Birthday to Jake!

    ReplyDelete