Thursday, April 22, 2010

Well day wo was probably one of the busiest day of the trip! We had to be leaving the first hotel by eight. In my room the first night there were four girls, so we had to be up by 5:45 so that we could all shower and eat breakfast downstairs. We had a really long drive to get to the first stop for the day, but I passed most of the time by sleeping it off.
Our first stop of the day was the Luray Caverns. This place was amazing and probably the most interesting. I thought that we were going to look at caves outside and I have to admit I wasn't too excited to go at all!

*this is Jake and I after we went through the Caverns. We just sat and relaxed while we waited for the bus

When we got to the caverns we went intside and the people working there gave us a headset with a number pad thing attached to it. Each station you went to inside the caverns had a number you could enter into your key pad. Once you entered the number you would hear a man talking about what you were seeing.

It was really neat inside because all of the rocks were growing from the ceiling down.

It was amazing inside the caverns! It was like nothing I have seen before. The rocks took about 120 years to grow 1 inch! If you touched any of the rocked it could stop their growth.

*This was one of the cooled thing I have ever seen! In the picture you see rocks growing from the top and the bottom. It's tricking your eyes! The rocks on the top were the real rocks and the rocks on the bottom were a reflection. But it look like they were under water, but the water was only about and inch deep

* same thing with this one, the reflection of the rocks on the top, The water was proably about an inch here as well

* the part that is white in the background was known as the Pluto ghost

* we got closer later on and I got a picture with it:)

* There was a section of the caverns were the water was deeper and everyone that was walking by was throwing money into the water. I thought it was cool that they threw in one dollar bills! Every couple of months they take the money out of the water and donate it to certain events.

* this is was also really cool! We noticed that the rocks looked like eggs!

After the caverns we went to one of the Smithsonian museums. Today we went to the air and space museum. It was really cool because when you walked in there were capsules that astronauts had landed in the water on their way back to Earth. I never really realized how little space that they have when they are in outer space. In the meuseum there was so much to look at. There were planes, space ships, and other objects that have done something special at one point. There were some place that you could walk through/ look at but most of them were just hanging from the cailing all over the place

For dinner we went to Union Station. I ended up getting a t-shirt that would remind me of the trip. Jake and I went to Jonny Rockets for dinner that night. My mom told me she had it when she went to California and she really liked it so I thought I would give it a try

Jake and I both thought that it was really good! When our meals were given to us we were given each a bowl with a smiley face made with ketchup. I made jake pose for a picture because I thought it was really cute.

Once I had taken the second picture and looked on the camera we both realized that the face was no longer there.

After dinner we all went to a play called Shear Madness. It took place in a hair salon and to make the story shorter and less complicated there was a murder and the actors/actresses were very involved with the audience an they let the audience solve the case. After the play was over we headed to the second hotel. When we got there we all settled in the relaxed until curfew because we all had to get up early the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment